Meta agreements & structure
Because of the short notice and time in which we’re doing this process - the organizers @apostol, @twakefield14 and @Aryabhatta are going to decide upon the structure & process of how this event will be held. We will have 2 meetings in the coming week of 16-22 Aug where we will collaborate with everyone who wants to participate in organizing this and consider their ideas and input.
This initial post will hold the official structure of the event and I’ll update it as a result of other people’s feedback and Tyler & Aryabhatta’s agreement.
Following the last conversation in the SEEDS Global Commons working group led by @twakefield14 I want to lay out a vision of how to create a “Regenerative Elder Council” - a half or whole day event that would try to address all the current tensions around the Milestone Conversation and collaboratively come up with a plan of action that is aligned with all the groups that are contributing to the growth and success of SEEDS while holding into their hearts the interest and well-being of the Citizens of SEEDS and the Regenerative Future of Planet Earth.
I propose that this event be held on the day of the August Full Moon - 22nd of Aug - Sunday
The event is not happening due to a low engagement from the proposed participants. We are going to organize a festival-type event probably mid-september or mid-october. Stay tuned for updates.
To allow different groups, fractals and circles to come together, cohere and collaborate towards the common SEEDS goal of helping to preserve and regenerate Planet Earth’s Ecosystems.
All the teams, stakeholders and SEEDS citizens holding an updated, mutually agreed upon collective understanding (system) of how to collaborate, play and work together towards our common goals of Researching, Building & Developing the SEEDS Vision(s) towards a more regenerative future for Planet Earth and all the species that live in it.
- A clear new structure for how to govern the Milestone Funds from now on
- A decision on whether we should keep the Milestone abstraction or drop it for a better one. If keep - a clear definition of what Milestone Goals consists of - possibly with Haurictics and Metics, if not - an agreement on what would the process for the alternative system look like (“Harvest Rounds”?)
- Clear process of how (DHOs and) Circles Organize and Fund their direct or indirect contributions to the Milestone Goals
Not sure if we should include this, but it’s directly correlated to the issues at hand
- A better structure for managing the Co-op Proposals funds
I propose that the Regenerative Elder Council would have 1 representative from each Circle inside Hypha, Samara, Renaissance Explorers. It would also have representatives and important voices from the SEEDS Ecosystem & (possibly) Regional DHOs.
Not all circles are currently ready to (or may want to) become a DHO in a sense of covering a set of basic requirements for a DHO to function, but they can become part of an existing DHO that can cover these requirements for them.
It should have a minimal amount of people - no more than 15 but the ideal would be ~10-12.
These are proposed participants. Each circle is able to choose a different person to represent them from the one that’s mentioned here.
If you feel like your circle should be represented here - come to the two meetings next week or let me know via PM and we will consider it.
Global Representatives Circle would be:
- Smart Contracts @nikolaus
- DHO - Joahim <> @julioholon?
- Passport - Alex
- Light Wallet - Jason
- MBC - @rainskyarel5 <> Dannie <> Frantz <> Liza?
- Communications & Design - @nila_phi
- Samara - @Samara_StartupShaman <> @twakefield14 <> @minos999?
- DHO-in-a-box - @minos999 <> @anahealingwords ?
- Renaissance Explorers - @anahealingwords or @apostol
- Game of Seeds & dStudio - Pavel
Community Leaders that hold a loud and wise voice in the conversation
Regional Circles representatives?
I’m not sure how to structure that and include them in the process. TBD
All the decisions that are made here will be proposed to the Citizens of the SEEDS Ecosystem to vote upon in the coming cycle.
Each representative holds 1 Voice to vote on proposals, decisions are made in the following manner:
- 2 Rounds of voting where the decision is made with Consensus
If we cannot make a decision with Consensus we move to
- 2 Rounds voting where 2/3 + 1 counts as a positive decision and any one person can block
We can discuss this process during the working group that will organize the event in the coming week.
How will the event unfold? What rounds would it have?
(Touch can mean both Conflict, Tension and/or Collaboration)
- Does Hypha need or want payment from Milestone 3 pool? As opposed to just being a participant in the future sale. If yes - what sum of Seeds does Hypha need?
This is relevant to the question - are the funds that Hypha received so far enough for all the development work that they’ve done so far?
- As per my sensemaking here. Should we drop the abstraction of a “Milestone” at this moment? If yes - should we implement the abstraction of Harvest Rounds? If no - what are the possible Heuristics and Metrics that we need to be looking at for Milestone 3? What happens if we spend the funds without reaching it & how do we manage the sale process?
- What is the criteria for participating in the sale? Which of the represented groups are ready to be a DHO? For circles/teams in transition into a DHO - which DHO will they be part of in the meantime that will be responsible for their funding? (presentation from @minos999 based on the structure outlined here)
- (optional) What is the most healthy structure for the Co-op Campaings so we prevent giving Seeds away to unknown entities or dysfunctional projects? Should we expediently implement the structure outlined in Milestone 3 Proposal (from July 29 meeting) - #12 by markflowfarm?
- How do we come up with the percentages for how the milestone funds sale is allocated?
Option 1: “Request” round during the “Elders Council” event - e.g. each organization requests the amount or % they need for the next 3 moon cycles. Then there is a round of reactions & comments. Then there is another “Request” round. Then a Voting Round after that. At the end - the current percentages are proposed to be voted by the Citizens on a Referendum.
Option 2: Money Pile ritual by Dominic Barter as described by @minos999 in this reply Milestone 3 Proposal (from July 29 meeting) - #11 by minos999
Option 3: (needs time to develop) Conviction voting system similar to what was presented by the Re-Fi team in this post SIP 1 - Continuous Funding
Option 4: (needs time to develop) Conviction Voting, but based on projects, not DHO. Role of the DHO would be that only eligible DHOs will be able to put up projects in the Conviction Voting pool.
We can have Opening, Closing and Working Sessions. Each working session will be between 1 and 2 hours and will focus on one of the “Touch Points” outlined above. We will have both ‘position statements’, ‘dialogue’ and ‘voting round(s)’ during one Working Session.
After the DHO structure is agreed upon we can have a Working Session with just 1 representative of a single DHO for determining the % funding. OR we could do this with representatives of each circle and sum the % for the DHOs that they’re part of.
Introduction by the Facilitators - 10-15 min.
Check-ins 20-30 mins - each person shares:
- How they’re personally felling
- 1-3 statements specifying the current state & mood of the circle they’re representing
Speech by @rieki - 10-15 min
(10 min break)
Between the Full Moon and the New Moon, we have 2 weeks to gather all the agreements that we came upon into a new and updated SEEDS Tokenomics (or “Governance”) document and present it to the SEEDS Citizens to vote upon in the coming cycle in Sep.
After working quite a bit on all these topics today I feel the presented challenges are not that hard and it would be extremely productive and beneficial for the SEEDS Ecosystem to have this roundtable and create cohesion between all the fractals.