Tension / Origin:
Currently, the Game Guide uses the “game” analogy heavily. This terminology disconnects some people that understands SEEDS as not serious, and waste of time, with the level of urgency they are connected to at this time of crisis.
We propose to keep using the gaming and gamification analogy, but in the background, mentioning that we believe that fosters more engagement and improves the user experience and allows for better design and experimentation.
Some of the initial actions
(add more or propose changes in comments below)
- Rename the Game Guide to “The SEEDS Guide”
- Rename “Players” to Participants
- Review sections (especially section 0) to lighten the game metaphor
- Add a section explaining how see SEEDS wants to be fun as a game
- Remove the WINNING THE GAME section (maybe use this to explain the gaming metaphor)
- SEEDS Guide
- SEEDS Agreements Guide
- SEEDS Transition Guide
- SEEDS Process Guide