Starting Point / Tension : Having more clarity on what is a DHO (Distributed Human/Holonic Organization) and what is the difference to the SEEDS Global Co-op, that I chose to call DCO (for Distributed Co-Op), that is stated on Section 0 of the Game Guide
Proposal / Invitation:
- To start using the acronym DHO to define a SEEDS Organization that serves a Purpose. All Organizations in SEEDS can potentially request to have their own DHO.
- To start using the acronym DCO to define a co-op that serves its participants. All Regions in SEEDS get their own DCO automatically (they don’t have to request it).
Here’s a diagram to show these differences:
What is a DHO?
It’s an Organization in the SEEDS Ecosystem that serves a Purpose (some needs from people outside the org)
- Receives funds from the people it serves (or investors, or from the SEEDS Harvest Organization bucket)
- Has an adaptable organization structure composed of Circles and Roles
- People can only be invited to join, to fill a Role, that requires certain skills/archetypes, they become Members
- Members receive compensation and voice while filling Roles and serving the purpose, otherwise if they are no longer able or willing to serve the Purpose they are asked to leave
- The Organization can also create Quests, for non-Members (third parties) to do one time jobs and be paid on delivery
- People with voice (Members or investors) can vote on Proposals on the DHO, deciding if that proposal serves the PURPOSE (not if they like or dislike)
- There can’t be DHOs nested inside DHOs, but eventually a Circle can fork to become a brand new DHO, if they are serving a different Purpose altoghether.
What is a DCO?
It’s a group of people that band together based on some preferences (region, ideals, skills)
- Receive funds from the SEEDS Harvest (Regional Bucket or Global Bucket) based on their size, or from personal investments
- The DCO serves its people and its identity
- Anyone can join providing they have the same preferences (live in the same region, have same regenerative ideals, share the same crafting skills etc.)
- For Interest groups DCOs, people that chose to join can be called Participants, for Regional DCOs, people living there can be called Residents
- Any Participant decides if they want to join or leave anytime (maybe they can be banned?)
- All Participants receive an equal number of votes to participate on Governance, based on the Contribution Score
- Participants vote on Proposals based on personal preferences, if they like or dislike it
- There can be DCOs nested inside DCOs
- Dislike (please comment)
- Block (this is not safe enough to try)